I am grateful to many people and organisations for their help in this project, and in particular to the following:-
(Click on each to see what it contains, and click on the toggle again to close it up.)
Providers of information
- the official and commercial providers and owners of data and images – see the page on Permissions
- Charlie Stocker for photographs and memories of Needingworth, see for example here
- the late Joe Newell (and his heir Christine Johnson) for his books on Holywell-cum-Needingworth (see our History Lending Library)
- Huntingdon Library and Archives, who have been most helpful in providing access to many items from their stores
- Suffolk Record Office (Ipswich), who have given access to Suffolk Fire Office records
- Holywell-cum-Needingworth Parochial Church Council, who have allowed publication of Parish Registers and other useful documents
- June York, Flagholme Publishing Services, who has provided interesting images and articles from the Herald
- Jennifer Horne, editor, who has allowed access to all the old copies of the Villager
- members of the project team
- Carol Mutter and the volunteers at Chatters, who have provided a happy environment for me to pursue my interests
- Holywell-cum-Needingworth Parish Council, who have support particular initiatives, including the Fire170 commemoration
- Anne Mealia, and other local people who have provided useful feedback
- my wife, Joy, who has encouraged me and provided much useful feedback
Back to the top of page
Generally, with a toggle you can alternate back and forth between two states by clicking the same button. We use toggles in this website to enable content to be alternately hidden and revealed, and they are usually indicated by .
If you wish to comment on anything in this website you will need to provide a name and email address, but otherwise you are free to explore the site anonymously.
You can provide a general comment in the Guest Book (this will be seen by others who visit the website), or by using the Contact form (this is more private, and is also a way to let me have any photos, articles or other information).
You can provide a more specific comment on a post or page using the comment form below the post or page (if there is one). Note that this will be seen by others who visit the website.
You can provide a more specific comment on a Person within the TNG part of the site using the "Suggest" tab. Information on which individual you are referencing is automatically attached to the message when you make a suggestion this way. This is not seen by other visitors to the site, but I will add any appropriate information to the offline database, and thence to the website when it is next updated.
However you do it, I look forward to hearing from you.