Following some experience of real use the hcnhistory.org.uk website has been updated. I am still not making any big announcement or push yet, because there are still issues with it and probably some that I have not found during testing. More publicity will come soon.
The changes made in this update include:
- The issue where some aspects of TNG would not work (relationship find, some charts) has been solved at last – see technical details here
- Larger versions of images in galleries now all open in a new tab that has a close button (and can actually be closed by clicking anywhere on the page)
- Other images also now all open in a similar new tab with a close button
- Images now all have a tooltip to tell you what will happen if you click on it
- More tips have been added describing how to access the images
- A trial version of the menus that is meant to work with touch screens has been introduced, but not yet tested
If you wish to comment on anything in this website you will need to provide a name and email address, but otherwise you are free to explore the site anonymously.
You can provide a general comment in the Guest Book (this will be seen by others who visit the website), or by using the Contact form (this is more private, and is also a way to let me have any photos, articles or other information).
You can provide a more specific comment on a post or page using the comment form below the post or page (if there is one). Note that this will be seen by others who visit the website.
You can provide a more specific comment on a Person within the TNG part of the site using the "Suggest" tab. Information on which individual you are referencing is automatically attached to the message when you make a suggestion this way. This is not seen by other visitors to the site, but I will add any appropriate information to the offline database, and thence to the website when it is next updated.
However you do it, I look forward to hearing from you.