The majority of my time in the last year has been spent on the Holywell-cum-Needingworth Parish Registers. This has involved photographing, transcribing, analysing and transferring the information into my off-line database and thence onto this website.
During the process I came across lots of interesting aspects, and have summarised a few of these here. There is information here about different dating systems, being
buried in woollen, various abbreviations and different letter representations.
Besides the Christenings, Marriages and Burials that make up the majority of the extant Parish Registers, there are various other items in some of the Registers. These are summarised here.
When you have opened a presentation:
- To enter, or exit, full-screen mode:- press F11
- To advance a slide:- press Enter, space, or the right arrow
- To go back a slide:- press the left arrow
- To turn on/off autoscroll:- press + or -
- To exit a presentation:- use the back arrow of your browser