This hcnhistory.org.uk website has again been updated. The main extra content is a whole section on our people in WW1 (under the new "Subjects" menu). From there you can explore the Roll of Honour and find information about most of the people listed. You can also interact with a WW1 timeline (which was one of the more challenging aspects of this update).
In addition there have been some changes to the menu structure in the light of experience of using the website:
- The "Home" menu now has under it the "Combined Blogs" and "How to Help"
- The "Village Websites" menu under the "Village" menu now has "Current Sites" and "Historic Sites" as separate menu items
- It also has a page listing the Film Club's past screenings has been added (similar to the one that lists the books that the Book Club have read)
- The "Village" menu now includes a "General Articles" section, with its only contents currently being an interesting description of Holywell in 1890
- The "People" menu has some of its entries grouped "By Name", "By Place", "By Date"
- There is a new "Notable People" page under "By Name" – you might find it interesting to explore some of these people
- The "Sample Photos" have been moved from a post to under the "Media" menu
- A new "Subjects" menu heading has been added (and it is under this that the WW1 subject appears)
- A new "Roads" subject has been added, and it includes the substance of two earlier posts
- At last there is a topic under the Miscellany menu heading, and this is Presentations – at the moment there is just one presentation (Researching Holywell-cum-Needingworth) which includes something about transcribing issues and the 1847 Needingworth fire
- The "Help" section has also been given its own heading, and includes a "Site Map" listing all the pages
- The "Project" section, with all its subsections, has been moved to under the "About" menu, as it is only of specific interest
If you wish to comment on anything in this website you will need to provide a name and email address, but otherwise you are free to explore the site anonymously.
You can provide a general comment in the Guest Book (this will be seen by others who visit the website), or by using the Contact form (this is more private, and is also a way to let me have any photos, articles or other information).
You can provide a more specific comment on a post or page using the comment form below the post or page (if there is one). Note that this will be seen by others who visit the website.
You can provide a more specific comment on a Person within the TNG part of the site using the "Suggest" tab. Information on which individual you are referencing is automatically attached to the message when you make a suggestion this way. This is not seen by other visitors to the site, but I will add any appropriate information to the offline database, and thence to the website when it is next updated.
Another way to provide feedback or new information etc. is to come to Chatters in Needingworth Village Hall on Thursday afternoons (1.30-3.30), where Peter is usually to be found helping people with computer issues, as well as chatting about history. Why not come and have a cup of tea or coffee, and maybe treat yourself to a piece of cake as well!
However you do it, I look forward to hearing from you.